SPW501 thermally broken screening and door system
The SPW501 system has been designed to provide a high performance commercial door and framing solution capable of being manufactured in single, double, and emergency door types and utilising low thresholds and a variety of options such as radius anti-finger trap stiles. It is a thermally broken polyamide framing system, capable of accepting glazing up to 28mm thick depending on weight.
- All aluminium sections are extruded using Aluminium Alloy 6060 or 6063 T6 to BS EN 755 part 9 2008.
- Polyamide thermal barriers are manufactured in accordance with PA66 GF25.
- Gaskets are manufactured in accordance with BS3734.
SPW501 framing sections are available typically in 3 finishes.
- Polyester Powder Coating to BS EN 12206: 2004 Part 1 -painted in house in single or dual colour and surface finish at 40 microns standard, or enhanced to 60 microns for marine environments, in accordance with ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO18001.
- Anodised and Anolok finishes are to BS3897: 1991 to a minimum of 25 microns (AA25), supplied in either satin or polished finish in a limited range of colours.
- Mill finish.
SPW501 is constructed with square cut components, mechanically jointed using self tapping screws into special cleats, and torsion bars are used for compressive strength. A proprietary sealant is used on all metal joints in line with good practice.
Automation solutions are also available.
NEED TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS?
Differing door configurations produce different ratings. Please consult our technical department.
Single Door Width (mm) 1150 Height (mm) 2300
Double Door Width (mm) 2300 Height (mm) 2300
*For guidance only - when exceeded please consult our technical department.
Average U values (door)
Fully glazed Single 2.12W/m2K Double 2.10W/m2K
With mid rail Single 2.22W/m2K Double 2.21W/m2K
Senior Architectural Systems is fully compliant with BS EN ISO 9001, BS EN ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Standards.
SPW501 when used on projects involved in a BREEAM assessment, or within the Code for a Sustainable Built Environment and the Code for Sustainable Homes (which therefore involves the Green Guide to specification) can offer significant benefits. For project specific assistance, please contact our specification team.
Specification. Please contact our national team of architectural advisors for advice on product suitability, calculations and NBS or bespoke specifications.